Ocean Salt is a exfoliating scrub made with sea salt, avocado, coconut, and believe it or not vodka! This scrub leaves your skin feeling amazing and fresh afterward but you must know how to use it correctly or it may do more harm than good!
For awhile I had been eyeing up this product debating whether I needed it or not. Finally I decided to take the plunge (even though it was only $20) and buy it after a lovely sales woman out in Colorado gave me a lush treatment with it. She recommended I buy the smaller one if I were just going to use it on my face in which I was. Now, before I bought this product being the extreme researcher that I am, I googled it. I read a ton of reviews and most were mixed. Either someone loved it or they hated it. The bad reviews said it dried out their skin or it left them with break outs! Both of which no one ever wants.
Here's the best way to use Ocean Salt so that it doesn't dry out your skin or leave you with breakouts:
(These directions are for using it on your face)
1. Only use this product once a week! It is an exfoliator so really you only need to exfoliate your skin once a week. Many people will use this everyday but this product should not replace a gentler cleaner. Use a daily scrub or cleanser everyday and make it routine to use this one day of the week.
2. Rub onto dry skin. Take your makeup off with makeup wipes or gentle soap. Tone your skin with some cold water to close your pores and pat your face dry. Do not wet your face before using this product. This will help to get rid of the dead skin and the vodka will help to tighten your pores and clear out blackheads. Since they use sea salt as the exfoliator you do not want to open your pores before using this scrub. It can may irritate your skin that way which is what will lead to breakouts and dry skin.
3. Rub it on gently. DO NOT rub it on your skin till it hurts. Once it starts to burn you know your rubbing too hard. This can also irritate your skin and the point of this product it to leave you feeling refreshed not hurting.
4. Wash it off with luke warm water or semi cold water. Once it is all washed off, wash your face with a gentle daily face wash.
5. [Optional] I like to use a medicated toner after I was my face to close up my pores and remove any access dirt. Plus this will help to prevent breakouts. You don't have to purchase a toner but I like using the ones by Clean and Clear. You can always splash your face with cold water to close up your pores!
This is the way I was recommended to use Ocean Salt. So far I have not had any breakouts related to this product and it has not dried out my face at all. I use it every Friday or Saturday because I like to use it at the end of the week just to bring on the weekend in a pampering way. I am in love with this product and I will purchase it again. Many people are afraid to use it on their faces because of the reviews but I hope this changes your mind! Let me know if you know a different way or if this was helpful to you guys!
dream your troubles away,